November 2018 witnessed the 10th Anniversary edition of BIOFACH INDIA (BFI), also featuring NATURAL EXPO INDIA (NEI), that put forth a rich congression of promising business transactions, investment prospects and intensive networking that augmented the international positioning of the Indian organic industry. The success of this unique (and the only) Indian International fair for this industry fair fuelled the whole sector with a vision for transformation.
The road to growth widens greatly as the 11th edition of BIOFACH INDIA, co-located with NATURAL EXPO INDIA, promises higher benchmark for expansion. The mega event is jointly organized by NuernbergMesse India (one of the World’s large trade fair organisations) and the Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) on November 7–9, 2019 at India Expo Mart Limited (IEML), Greater Noida.
Amongst some key factors like the aspiration for longevity, growing health concerns among consumers, increasing levels of disposable income, improved standard of living and government initiatives that aim at encouraging (and providing) widespread adoption of organic products, these two international trade fairs for organic and natural products - BFI and NEI – have seen immense growth and heightened interest in the last few years.
Organic is the way forward
Currently, the India organic market is estimated at INR 40,000 million and is likely to increase to INR 100,000 – 120,000 million by 2020 with a similar incremental trend in exports. Indian organic market has been progressing steadily with CAGR of 25% as compared to 16% global growth rates. Not only is this promising for the Indian entrepreneurs, it also compels international buyers and consumers to consider the Indian suppliers for their rich and diverse range of offerings.
There shall be active presence of many leading, privately owned firms dealing with organic products, as well as the government and non-government bodies at BFI 2019. Apart from food and beverage, the 2019 edition will host participation from the natural care and wellness sector, certification bodies, government boards, farmer groups and will attract approximately 10,000 visitors over a period of three days.
Various pavilions on the states from India will present a glimpse of the growing demand for organic products, not just for international exports but also for a very encouraging domestic consumption.
Natural Expo India, an International Trade Fair and Conference for natural products, co-located concurrent to BFI 2019 and the World Assembly of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy (WAAYN) shall be a major highlight for this year’s edition.
Key highlights of BIOFACH INDIA
- BIOFACH INDIA is part of the BIOFACH WORLD family, that includes international events in Germany, USA, China, Japan, Thailand, Brazil and India, organized by NuernbergMesse. The event has been hugely successful in headlining India’s presence on the world map in the field of organic farming.
- The event is supported by all renowned International and National stakeholders, such as IFOAM (International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movement), OFAI (Organic Farmers Association of India), ICCOA (International Competence Centre of Organic Agriculture), BDAI (Biodynamic Association of India) and AIOI (Association of the Indian Organic Industries).
- The event stages prospects for networking with over 200 organisations from India and overseas with a wide variety of organic/natural products on display.
- There shall be a dedicated Pavilion on “Naturals”, showcasing natural wellness products. This will be co-located this year next to the World Assembly of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy (WAAYN) being held at the same venue.
- International Buyers delegation – 100+ international buyers from all over the world will congregate, looking to extend their network, develop new procurement sources and establish business contacts during 3 days of networking.
- Themed Pavilion by APEDA with a vast array of organic products on display.
- Knowledge exchange ensured by a high-quality International Conference that would provide insights into the growing organic market in India.
- Farmers Market – themed “organic for my plate and palate”.
“With surged enthusiasm, after experiencing the stupendous growth of the last edition, we are very excited to organize the next edition of India’s most prominent annual symposium for the entire Organic Industry. Co-location of BIOFACH INDIA with the World Assembly of Yoga, Ayurveda and Naturopathy (WAAYAN) will create deeper synergy and help provide a thrust to the rapidly growing market for organic and natural products in India. Our joint collaboration with APEDA, along with strong support from leading associations like IFOAM, ICCOA, OFAI, BDAI and AIOI, will once again serve as a solid growth platform for all concerned stakeholders”, says Sonia Prashar, Chairperson of the Board and Managing Director, NuernbergMesse India.
“We are excited to partner with NuernbergMesse India, once again, as joint organizers of the 11th edition of BIOFACH INDIA. This is the most ideal platform to felicitate networking with the entire organic agriculture fraternity comprising of organic product exporters, retailers, traders, processors, certification bodies and certified farmer groups. The presence of an International Buyer Delegation from all over the world further provides an impetus to the growth for the Indian organic market in the coming years”, adds Shri Paban.K. Borthakur, Chairman, APEDA.
ABOUT BIOFACH WORLD EVENTS :
BIOFACH WORLD is the world’s leading trade show network for organic products with a proven success across multiple geos that takes place annually in Nuernberg. The event is represented across the globe by six other BIOFACH events in Japan, the US, South America, China, Thailand and India, apart from Germany, and brings together over 3,000 exhibitors and 100,000 trade visitors year after year.
All press articles along with additional information and photos are available at: